Order of the Engineer Ceremony
co-hosted by CPP ASCE and ASCE SB/R YMF
Friday, May 2, 2014
2:00 - 5:00 pm
Bronco Student Center, Centaurus
Cost (includes ring, certificate and light refreshments):
- $15 for CPP students and faculty (who are joining the Order)
- $20 for national ASCE members
- $25 for non-ASCE members
- FREE for guests to watch (RSVP required)
Eligibility Requirement for Students:
- Enrolled in an ABET-accredited engineering program (CPP is one) and within four quarter terms of graduation.
- Students who are not able to join the order yet are welcome to register as guests to watch the ceremony; however, RSVP is required. We hope to make this an annual event so you may get to join later.
About the Order and Ceremony: The Order of the Engineer was initiated in the United States to foster a spirit of pride and responsibility in the engineering profession, to bridge the gap between training and experience, and to present to the public a visible symbol identifying the engineer. The Ring Ceremony is the public induction of candidates into the Order of the Engineer, during which the engineer candidates formally accept the Obligation of an engineer and receive a stainless steel ring to be worn as a symbol on the fifth finger of the working hand. Wearing the ring on this finger serves as a constant reminder of your ethical duty to the public and its safety every time you have to sign plans or other documents.
For more info and to register, please visit: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=d9cpyznab&oeidk=a07e95psgpjc8163c1b
There are only 90 seats available for both inductees and guests so please do not wait to register if you're interested.